Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Another Word on Great Commission Regurgence Report

Roxy ask me a couple of questions about the Great Commission Resurgence Task Force by e-mail. As I responded to her, I thought I need to share those answers with everyone. The final GCRTF report has not been published yet. There was a change of wording in recommendation 4 make at the Convention meeting. I am sure that the final wording will be published soon and when it is I will let you know the location.

The GCR report passed by a 75% majority. However, while it was a historic vote in refocusing the SBC, it is important to note that it does not have binding authority. It expresses the sense of the Convention. The Trustees of the different SBC boards and agencies will decide whether and how the recommendations of the report will be implemented. We will find that out from the reports of the Trustee meetings of the different entities over this next year.

DD

No comments:

Post a Comment