Wednesday, February 16, 2011

HEARING THE WORD OF GOD

In 1 Thessalonians 2:13 Paul wrote about the attitude we are to have in hearing the word of God preached, "And we also thank God continually for this, that when you received the word of God, which you heard from us, you accepted it not as the word of men but as what it really is, the word of God, which is at work in you believers."

I ran across this advise for how we should hear the Word of God:

1. Expectantly--"Lord, I expect you to speak."
2. Hungrily--"Lord, I need you to speak."
3. Attentively--"Lord, I will listen when you speak."
4. Faithfully-"Lord, I believe when you speak."
5. Obediently--"Lord, I will obey when you speak."

These are good guides for how we should pray from our hearts when we gather around the Word. It is for us to fine-tune our spiritual senses so that we are able to hear the Lord amidst all the noise of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment